Ricks (MRJTGEMINI) coupe

Re: Ricks (MRJTGEMINI) coupe

Postby boots » Sun Apr 04, 2010 2:57 pm

Hi Poida,
Its boots, the photograph of Ricks coupe is something very special. With regards to CDT is it only CDT cars or can a vehicle like Ricks coupe fit the profile. Does Ricks coupe badge on the rear say ZZ/R. Also what about pf50 and pf60's did they come from the CDT workshops. The photograph of Ricks coupe was similar to a friends gemini back in the late seventies/early eighties were the body parts came from Japan to convert a TX or TC coupe to have TE front and rear end look a like. It was painted cherry apple red, it looked stunning and with the engine modifications it went like a bat out of hell. I haven't seen him for a long time so I'll try to get some photographs and information. I know that I bought the cylinder head long ago but where it is good question. It was seriously ported and flow bench tested to suit 2x45DCOE webbers and a high lift cam.
Maximum power was produced between 4,000 and 8,500 rpm.
Cheers Boots.
boots

No Spammers: Red

Postby cdtpf60 » Sun Apr 04, 2010 4:44 pm

boots
rick car is a genuine Japanese twin cam zz/r,twin dam gemini's came in three levels zz/r that were race oriented base model interior disc brake rear end and lsd .zz/t that were a more road base car the zz/l which if i recall were a luxury model.
pf range Gemini's were Japanese models pf50 are 1600 powered cars and pf60 are 1800 powered cars.
a number of early model Gemini coupes were updated during the 80's,the late style coupe race cars like mine were updated even though Holden never bought out them cams(the confederation of Australian motorsport) allow cars homligated over seas to run in group c .
cdt used pf60 stickers on the few s3's that were built even though they were 1600 turbo cars.
cdtpf60

Postby PF60Kev » Fri Apr 09, 2010 8:46 pm

I love how poida still refers to it as Rick's car lol :lol: I guess,I've only owned it for three years!!

This is what it looked like the day I bought it off him: Looks a bit ratty with the stocky rims eh? I was never a fan of the mini-lites

And more recently:

Enjoy!
PF60Kev

Postby FormerCDT015 » Fri Apr 09, 2010 9:06 pm

Nice car Kev.
Is she going to be at Kiama next Easter??
FormerCDT015

Postby Nimbus » Fri Apr 09, 2010 10:15 pm

CDT015 wrote:Nice car Kev.
Is she going to be at Kiama next Easter??

You can cruise up with us! :D
Nimbus

Postby PF60Kev » Fri Apr 09, 2010 10:21 pm

Next Easter? I can barely see further than the end of the month at the moment!

Would like to make it but we'll see what happens closer to the time. I've stepped out of the Gemini scene a bit in the last 18 months or so while I sort out some real world things....though I find time every now and then to check back in and see who is doing what.

Cheers,
Kev
PF60Kev

Postby cdtpf60 » Mon Apr 12, 2010 6:19 pm

well i intend to be there :shock:
kev she still looks nice
cdtpf60

Return to Isuzu PF50/PF60