cdt commodore

Chat about CDT Commodore

cdt commodore

Postby kylie » Mon Aug 09, 2010 7:37 pm

hi just wanting to know a little more on cdt commodore s3 turbo
im thinking of purchasing 1 and wanting to know how much are they worth these days?
kylie

No Spammers: Red

Re: cdt commodore

Postby Nimbus » Mon Aug 09, 2010 11:12 pm

Hi Kylie, welcome to CDTcars.

The thing with these ultra rare collector cars is they are worth whatever the buyer and seller agrees is fair.
Asides from the few CDT Commodores on this site, I've never seen one. So you are in the right place to get detailed info from talking to the guys here.

Steve was selling his (maybe the same car, if not photos??), and from memory think it was valued at 30-40k. Which shows the great significance of the car's rarity, desirability and it's value as an investment.

Good luck and keep us informed! :D

Greg
Nimbus

Postby kylie » Tue Aug 10, 2010 9:29 pm

thanks for that its in poor condition paint wise but body and mech beautiful interior nice has full body kit but wer is it numbered caz i didnt kow what i was looking at i was stunned but iv been doin alittle research and getting something but i need more before i pay in full to know exact what im buying thanks kylie
kylie

Postby FormerCDT015 » Tue Aug 10, 2010 10:07 pm

Hi kylie.
Welcome to the twisted world of CDT's.
Have you verified that the car you are looking at is genuine? sighted the paperwork etc.
Can you give us some pic's of the car your looking at?
If you do buy it be sure to keep us updated, oh and ask the currant owner if they have any history of the car.
Enjoy.
Cheers
Andrew
FormerCDT015

Postby kylie » Tue Aug 10, 2010 10:31 pm

as far as i know that the owner of the car is the second owner but i will be asking for paperwork for it but what happins if there isnt any? would it be still worth buying?
the guy im buying it has left it out in the weather for some time so thats y i wasnt sure caz if it was me it would be in a garage not wer it is all i know to restore it back to original it just needs the paint and stickers for the rear it still has the side stripes and another thing what rims did they come out with?
kylie

Postby kylie » Tue Aug 10, 2010 10:52 pm

to make sure its genuine what type of numbers should it hav can u give me some idea what to look out for caz iv got to go and look again or anything if possible thanks
kylie
kylie

Postby FormerCDT015 » Thu Aug 12, 2010 4:17 pm

As a minimum kylie, you should see a dash badge like the one here :
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=117
The badge has the build number.
All CDT's came with a paper stating the build number and signed by Jim Faneco stating that the car had everything installed and tested (but are rare)
And the rims should be Bathurst Globes.
Where abouts and how much is this car? if you dont mind telling us.
FormerCDT015

Postby nme » Thu Aug 12, 2010 8:54 pm

Hey Kylie. Welcome to the world of CDT. Hope that you have found another genuine CDT Commodore, as there are only a couple around. We really need to find some more. Some pics of the car your lookin at would be great. Hope it turns out to be original and you buy it and fix it up. Good luck and all the best.
nme

Postby FormerCDT015 » Thu Aug 12, 2010 10:11 pm

"cough" where is your comm at Nath "cough"
FormerCDT015

Postby kylie » Fri Aug 13, 2010 11:32 am

hi there im picking up the car cant wait ill send some pics as it looks now its a little sad paint wise but beyond that its a great car cant wait
kylie

Next

Return to CDT Commodore