Let us know whats what

Chat about CDT Commodore

Re: Let us know whats what

Postby Jonno » Wed Feb 10, 2010 11:00 am

I've been trying to find the pic I have.
There was one at the South Coast Holden Show and shine, 2 Years back.

I've looked in my libraries but zero pics of cdt commodore.
Its was white liek the one in this pic.

I have a feeling its on a chick who i don't talk to's camera.

I only thought of this a few days ago been looking since.
Definately CDT though.

NSW Reg.
So its based in Sydney, South Coast or Wollongong.
Notorious FullHack Customs

- Turbo TE Gemini Sedan -
- G180 Turbo TE Sedan -
- G161 Aspro TX Coupe Hill Climb Race Car -
Jonno
Administrator

No Spammers: Red
What Cars Do You Own: 9/75 TX Coupe 1600cc
2/80 TE Sedan 2L Twincam Turbo

Postby Cruzer05 » Sat May 01, 2010 11:24 am

Many years back I saw a pic of a storage shed full of cars belonging to a car dealer in western NSW, two cars stood out, they were a Gemini and a Commadore, both were painted a non factory colour(similar to the old Sydney Yellow Cabs), and both were described as CDT cars.
However more recently a Gemini of the same colour was advertised in unique cars magazine as a HDT car.
Brad
Cruzer05

Postby cdtpf60 » Sun May 02, 2010 12:14 pm

hdt did build a yellow gemini,it was powered by an imported isuzu twin cam motor,they were considering building them but the pricing was wrong for the market(well thats the official excuse )they even built a group c race car that being rebuilt atm.
would be nice to find out it's still out there,though last time i saw it it had a single cam 1800 in it,but still had all the hdt suspension improvements.
cdtpf60

Postby Cruzer05 » Sun May 02, 2010 11:45 pm

I believe the HDT Gemini sedan(built by Jim Shepheard) was sold on to Jim Feneco and was rolled late in the 1980 Hardie 1000 (assisted by Kevin Bartlett's Comaro) While the Coupe was rolled early in the race by Brock, causing him to pit and preventing him from being caught up with Johnson in the rock incident.
As I recall the CDT cars were competing under a cloud as HDT had commenced legal action because they believed the CDT logo was too close in style to theyre own HDT logo. CDT won the case, the judge ruling that the style of the logo could not be copyrighted only the content. For whatever reason the CDT logo was changed anyway. I suggest it was purely to gain goodwill with HDT.
Cruzer05

Postby CDTgone » Sun May 23, 2010 9:14 pm

This is exactly the same as my one i sold :cry:

Only difference was mine had HDT aero copies on it, and no bonnet protector
CDTgone

Postby cdtpf60 » Tue May 25, 2010 2:56 am

Cruzer05 wrote:I believe the HDT Gemini sedan(built by Jim Shepheard) was sold on to Jim Feneco and was rolled late in the 1980 Hardie 1000 (assisted by Kevin Bartlett's Comaro) While the Coupe was rolled early in the race by Brock, causing him to pit and preventing him from being caught up with Johnson in the rock incident.
As I recall the CDT cars were competing under a cloud as HDT had commenced legal action because they believed the CDT logo was too close in style to theyre own HDT logo. CDT won the case, the judge ruling that the style of the logo could not be copyrighted only the content. For whatever reason the CDT logo was changed anyway. I suggest it was purely to gain goodwill with HDT.

the hdt built sedan(the zz/r) was not the same car as the cdt sedan from 1980 hdt ran it in 1981 and then sold it to john white who ran it till the end of the groupc era. at bathurst in 1981 there was a twin cam gemini sponsered by cdt it was owned by jim faneco's father it dnf'd that year as it was involved in the accident that end the race early.
both the hdt sedan and the cdt sponsored cars still exist the hdt zz/r is being restored just north of Melbourne(and it looks great 8-) ) the cdr sponsored zz/r is in Sydney as far as i know.
the cdt sedan from 1980 is a different car and as far as i know it no longer exists though alot of the good race parts were used in another groupc coupe that cdt sponsored that is being restored in qld
the cdt coupe that Brock hit was repaired and run for awhile whilst my car was built and is said to be for sale(though for alot more money than i think it's worth).
then to complete the cdt race cars there is a black coupe in my garage :lol: that was run at bathurst in 1981 as a pf50 then in 1982 as a pf60 it still exists :lol: and will in time return to the track in full race condition.
ps nice commodore though i'd hate to drive it around the streets that low :shock:
cdtpf60

Previous

Return to CDT Commodore